PensionSim for trustees of DB schemes
PensionSim our innovative award winning tool that allows you to experience real life scenarios and their impact on your pension scheme and its sponsor in a safe environment.
PensionSim is a simulation that allows you to experience real life scenarios and their impact on a pension scheme and its sponsor in a safe environment.
A dynamic, integrated risk management system
- PensionSim enables trustees and sponsors to manage a virtual pension scheme under the challenging conditions that real pension schemes endure.
- It is designed to give an experience in managing risk, understanding the sponsor’s challenges and the pressure involved in delivering benefits to members – often with competing objectives.
- Ultimately your understanding of integrated risk management (IRM) will be tested by making decisions based on what’s in front of you.
Gain experience of IRM in a safe environment
- You are in the driving seat and can test different investment, funding and covenant strategies in different scenarios: IRM in practice.
- You operate the pension fund for fifteen years with each triennial valuation period lasting around 15 minutes. You can adjust the investment mix, cover market risks and decide on funding targets, while stock prices, interest rates and inflation will rise and fall, imitating real world events.
- As well as investment markets, you will have to navigate news and other events that may impact the sponsor and its covenant.
How to manage an uncertain future
We designed PensionSim because we consider it crucial to look critically at how to balance covenant, investment and funding risk.
The future is uncertain and unpredictable. With a resilient strategy, you can prepare for that. PensionSim allows experience to be gained in a safe environment.
PensionSim bespoke events
We regularly deliver bespoke IRM training sessions with the opportunity to use PensionSim.
It is an effective resource that works equally well with trustee board and C-suite boards. It helps to give a deeper understanding of the complex factors involved in managing a pension scheme.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Michael Bushnell.